Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Let's trade mini zines!

Zines, zines, and more zines! 



It all started with Father's Day!  I had seen a "how to" video on youtube about making a mini zine.  I thought it would be a great idea for the girls to make one for Father's Day for Scott.





After that I was hooked! 

I am having such a great time making this little treasures!  

First I made a simple 8 page one piece of paper mini zine and then that led me to making a 12 page zine!  What?!




My first 8 page mini zine was made up mostly of scrap papers from one of my stashes.  It measures approximately 2.5"x4".  I collaged onto a piece of notebook paper and used white out to enhance a space for writing your own curiosities.



I love the look of notebook paper and graph paper.  Although I can't find much graph paper anymore...doesn't anybody use graph paper!? 

My second mini zine was created with magazine clippings only and not white out but with a little bit of a message if that's what you want call it. 




Then I got curious and brave and decided to try my hand at a 12 page art zine.  It measures approximately 4"x5.5".  I used 3 sheets of notebook paper folded in half and then in half again.  The pages are then combined and and stapled a couple of times in the middle.  I used paper scrapes, magazine clippings, acrylic paints, stencils, stamps, lace...you name it, it's in there!

It was fun creating these zines because it made me focus on working on collages in a different manner other than just in my journal.  I had to think about the individual pages and the flow of the words or colors.  I love the look of the finished product.  Copying the pages creates shadows and dimension that you can't get with just a 2-d painting or collage. 





If you would like to trade a mini zine just simply send me your zine with a message that it's a trade and I will pop one in the mail back to you as soon as I receive yours with your address!



My address is:



Leslie Hart Studio

228 Lake Fairfield Drive
Greenville, SC 29615



My art zine, "Collage Scraps" can be purchased in 

my Etsy shop very soon!

Thanks to Mandy Steward and Creative Little Hut for trades so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment