Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Me and the girls!

Clarissa loves getting her picture made and she always looks great even if her hair is dirty!  She's so pretty and smart, I can't believe she is already 7! 
We were just playing around with my camera phone and she was behind me making faces as always...miss silly willy clowny clown!
Lula loves to paint and even more she loves to mix up stuff on the paper surface like glitter glues, play dough, paint and markers.  She's a true mixed media artist for sure!  On this day we said forget cleaning the house and went down to the studio to get busy with our paints.  We have to sneak these days in when no one else is home.
As you can see in the background, Clifford was helping her with her design here.
Her brush strokes are wild and free.  I love to watch and learn from her.  She always chooses odd colors and they seem to make since when she starts mixing them.
This design is one she does often and almost often she tells me that it's a picture of me!
I love the freedom of her artwork and hope that it continues.  I have witnessed how school rules and time have influenced Clarissa's art in a way that makes me sad.  She draws and paints in a more restricted way.  The images she paints or draws have to be structured and have purpose unlike when she was younger and they didn't have any of that.  I guess as time goes on and we learn the way of the world it's hard to let those lessons go and be free in our minds to create what we feel and not what we see and learn.  Freedom to create like a 2 or 3 year old, that's my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment