Friday, January 4, 2013

Long time no see!

It's been a long time since I posted...sorry for that.  I needed a break, so I took one!  My family and I had a wonderful relaxing Christmas and New Year celebration at home.  Neana, one of Clarissa's grandmothers had much needed knee surgery over the holidays, but other than that, all was great.

Some time has passed, enabling me to get my thoughts together and think about projects I have going on and projects I would like to accomplish in the new year, 2013.

This year I have recently been accepted to participate in the South Carolina State Parks Artist in Residence.  I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in this great opportunity, giving me a subject for my body of work this year!  My family and I will be given a week stay at the Givhans Ferry State Park in one of their lovely cabins for free and in return I will produce for them a piece of artwork representing the park after our stay.  

Another exciting event going on this year is the fact that we have Farmer Jason performing at Clarissa's #3 birthday party!  I'm not sure who is more excited about this, us, the parents or Clarissa!?!

In the Spring Scott and I will be going on a cruise, first time for me, to the Caribbean!  The Western Caribbean to be exact on the Celebrity Constellation!  I've never been on a cruise so I'm a little bit nervous.  I like being on the ocean and have done so many times on a boat that went out so far that we could no longer see land and I survived!   So wish me luck on this one!

I'm not sure yet if I will be participating in this years Open Studios.  Since I started, I have participated every other year and that seems to work for me, giving me a break in between to rethink, redo and not do!  Thanks to all this past year for a much successful Open Studios! 

Other than these few things going on this year, we plan to take it easy, get some projects completed inside and outside the house, eat better, exercise and have lots of fun!

More news to come, so stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment