Friday, May 25, 2012

Steal Like An Artist


by:  Austin Kleon


It's a short book so its easy to read...that's the kind I like, I'm not much of a reader but I do have plans to follow his instructions of studying artists in depth that you like.  My plans are to start off with Warhol since I already have a few books about him then on to Matisse.


Scott and I have always discussed the fact that nothing is original, everything has been done before.  But it's always amusing when you run into that artist that thinks they have an original idea...I always amuse them by listening to them talk (those usually like to hear themselves talk so they talk a lot!) and then steal from them...oh well, sorry dude but that's just the way I role!

At any rate I like the idea that there's always something out there to steal, good art or bad art!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment