Monday, September 19, 2011

the weekend

I am so grateful to have weekends!  There's just so much to be done when it gets here that I always feel overwhelmed and don't know where to begin.  But with a little effort I can figure out some time to get a little bit of art done and a little bit of r&r, some thrifting, and maybe some clothes washed!

I'm starting to feel the crunch of Open Studios, deadlines steadily approaching.  Makes me very nervous.  I have much work to be done to finish all of my projects, not to mention getting the house ready for peeps to visit.  Walls to be painted, blinds hung, and a lot of straightening and organizing!

We decided to have guests over the first Friday night to start off Open Studios the right way...lots of cheer with friends and family!

More details to come on a GREAT event ahead of us!  But go ahead and mark your calendars for November 4-6, 2011 and stay tuned for more details.

I'm working on new fabric collages and reworking some old ones...new ideas make for better pieces!  This year most of my fabric collages will be framed with needle point hoops.   
Been working with painted fabrics for some time now and I am totally addicted.  Some times I just like the way the fabric looks with paint on it and nothing else...I'm weird like that. 
I'm very messy when it comes time to work.  I prefer it that way, don't know why... 
Love my modge podge! 
Got some new paintings too!  Different sizes and shapes as well.

At the end of the day Sunday, me, Scott and Pnut went seaching for acorns...Pnut was calling them corny.  I love how silly she is!  She had her own collection too, she put them in her toy scooter when we got inside. 
There were beautiful colors to choose from, green, brown, tan and black...I know, it was wierd seeing black acorns. I'm not sure why they are black but they sure were butes!

No comments:

Post a Comment